Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Creating Infopics

Tony Vincent is an inspiration to many educators for many reasons.  I have been fortunate enough to get the chance to hear Tony speak a few times at different conferences.  Each time I come away with something that I immediately want to add into my teaching repertoire.

I sat in on Tony's "A Picture is worth 1,000 words" session at NETA 2015.  Tony showed us how easy it is to create infopics, pictures with information on top to deliver a message. I was inspired by Tony to create infopics for my classroom.  I am also having students create infopics for vocabulary words for our current unit.

Using Pixlr Express is a quick and easy way to create infopics on a computer.  It is free and no account is needed, which makes it nice to have students use it.

Photos for Class is a great website for finding high-quality pictures to use.  The best part is, they come already marked with attribution to the creators of the image.  They are all free to use and you don't need to worry about giving credit to its originator.

I had a blast making examples for my students.  The opportunity to be creative in the images you choose to use for your particular topic and the choice of words to get the point across without being too wordy is a challenge.

I am having my students create infopics to go along with the vocabulary from our current science unit.  I can't wait to see the creativity my students will display to show what they have learned from this unit.

All of the images on this blog post are my examples I created to show my students what can be done with an infopic.

I will post student examples when they get finished.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment